24 March 2007

Time Bandits

“There's no time,” I wrote when considering the threats to maintaining a regular blog.

“Time will tell,” I said in the tabloid sign-off.

It has only been a couple of months but already my writing output has evaporated. The time bandits include the predicted and the predictable - lesson preparation, marking tests, walking the dog – just living and working.

Then there are the things that steal my energy rather than my time – performing in front of classes, managing difficult student behaviour, working in hot classrooms on the top floor of a school without air-conditioning.

Waiting to take advantage of the lack of time and energy are the lurking enemies – procrastination and demotivation.

But now, having reread the positive reasons for starting this, I will resume the process of reflecting on my teaching and sharing my experience.